Jan 23, 2009
HO sound Kato AC4400CW Parts
- 678-828046 TSU-AT1000 Tsunami DCC decoder for GE FDL16
[2020 note, use Tsunami2, part number 678-885014.]
- SP-28R-08 Speaker
- Resistor metal-film 1K ohm 1/8 watt Qty = 2
- Washer #6 Nylon Qty = 2
- Nano-Oil 5, 10 & 85 wt
- Never Stall
The release of the TSU-AT1000 decoder allowed an update to the installation examples to cover this decoder.
This is a fairly straight forward installation:
- Remove the factory light board
- Remove the factory LEDs from the factory light board
- Install the factory LEDs with 1 K ohm resistors on the Tsunami
- Screw the Tsunami down to the motor - insulate with nylon screws (the photo shows white styrene instead)
- Put the speaker in the fuel tank and rout wires up to the decoder
- Wire the track pick ups and the motor to the decoder
Sound Quality - While the speaker enclosure mechanism is NOT what Bruce would design, it works just FINE! Not to worry - follow the directions. Except, Bruce sees no reason for using a gasket - the speaker snaps into the Kato enclosure. Question - why didn’t Kato mold holes for the speaker wires into the enclosure?
Lighting - When programming the Tsunami, set the light type to LEDs and you are golden (white LEDs)!